Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
LISTS. I CAN DO A LIST.
Countdown with me:
11. Extra crap. This one is a challenge because I'd spend every penny on clothes and jewels if I could, and I never met a beauty product I didn't covet. But I'm one of those folks that loves to purge. We've actually got a huge pile of clothes downstairs waiting to go to St. Vinnie's. Our tiny amount of space and storage doesn't allow for holding on to things for years.
10. Insincere people. There are people out there who only are interested in you to the limits of what you can do for them. I don't need those people, and I lost a long time ago any remorse or embarrassment I felt at cutting them out of my life. Luckily, I'm surrounded by some pretty fantastic people, both online and in real life.
9. Procrastination. Raise your hand later if you're a procrastinator.
8. Monkey attacks.
7. Fights with my mom. Is there anyone who knows how to get under your skin better than your mom, or anyone who listens to you less when you tell her she's hurting you? There's nothing to do but keep trying to meet in the middle.
6. Fights with my husband. Luckily these are very rare. But don't you think we all should strive to fight less?
5. Missed deadlines. Missed opportunities. Missed moments.
4. Zombie attacks.
3. Tantrums. I still throw them. I threw one yesterday that resulted in half-made cookies going down the garbage disposal. I'm not proud of it, but such is life. Clean up, calm down, try again.
2. Money woes. Story of my life. Story of most people's life, I suspect.
1. Flares. I will not be sick in October for Sister-In-Law's wedding. I will not be sick. I will not be sick. I will not be sick. I will not be sick.